Many homeowners, landlords, renters, and building managers can control and manage pests through a set of rigorous preventive measures. With proper sanitation and regular home maintenance work, you can keep common pests like bed bugs, roaches, and many more at bay. Nevertheless, there are some infestations that are difficult to control. For these advanced infestations, you need an advanced pest control that you can only get from a professional pest control company in Perth.
How to Select the Best Pest Control Company. Perth
The rule of thumb is to select a pest control company just like you would select any other kind of service provider. Cost and performance are key considerations but there are some other things you should look for. Here are some tips:
- Do your homework. Discovering a pest problem is a distressing experience and the tendency is to try to get rid of them as fast as possible. Choosing the first pest control company in the listing may be counter productive, though. Selecting a cost-effective and competent company takes time and research. Look into the following areas:
- Go green. In recent years, new green pest control methods have emerged. These low-toxicity solutions have been proven to:
- have low environmental impact;
- to meet consumer needs and demands;
- pose considerably fewer threats to humans and pets because they don’t use harsh chemicals, and;
- have higher efficacy.
Ideally, find a company that offers these new environmental pest control methods.
- Don’t be afraid to ask questions. For successful and complete pest control, the owner and the company must be able to communicate very well. Ask questions and ensure you fully understand everything before proceeding with the treatment.
Some questions you can ask include:
- Who will perform the treatment? Are they certified or licensed? Can you provide documents showing their credentials? Are they expert pest exterminators?
- How will the treatment be performed? Could you walk me through the process?
- What chemical pesticides will be used and how much will be applied?
- Is there anything we need to do before, during, and after the treatment?
- Would their insurance cover the property, the residents, and the workers in case something happen?
- What safety measures should be taken to prevent accidents?
- Would they provide education or information on pest control Perth (i.e. mice control or bed bug control) and on how to prevent future infestations?
Open and honest communication between you and the pest management company will ensure the pests are eliminated and stay away for good.
Beware of the Bogus Bed Bug Exterminator
There are so many companies offering pest control in Perth and beyond. However, not all of them are created equal. While there are many legislate and reputable ones; there are bogus ones as well. How do you know which ones are legit and which ones aren’t? Watch out for people or companies that:
- offer weird package deals with the pest control;
- don’t have contact details;
- can’t show their credentials or license;
- offer their services door-to-door or show up unannounced and say they found evidence of infestation in the neighborhood;
- give a per-gallon price (Remember, termite and pest control can require hundreds of gallons!);
- Use non-regulated pesticides or “secret pesticides”, and;
- pressure you into signing a contract.
Household pests. They are every owner, renter, and landlord’s nightmare. It could happen to anyone. No matter how well you maintain your home; sometimes, a rat, roach, or termite infestation can happen.
Nevertheless, you can always rely on reputable and legitimate pest control services Perth to help you manage and prevent infestations. Follow these simple tips to get the proper help you need.