It’s 3am and you’re lying in bed at night hearing scratches and rustling noises in your home or ceiling.
At first, you think it’s just your imagination. You may have even turned to your partner and asked if they heard anything too. “Am I crazy?”, you ask yourself. “Is there something in the roof?”
It’s a dance you do for days before it gets unbearable. You know something is there.
It’s now disrupting your sleep, making you feel anxious, skin itchy, and well, you feel like your home isn’t yours anymore. Each pitter-patter of feet makes your stomach squirm and body shudder.
It’s official, you probably have a rodent problem. But, don’t stress, we receive phone calls about this all the time. We understand what you’re going through, you’re not alone and we can help!
Roof rats and mice are actually more of an issue in Perth homes and businesses than you think. These nocturnal creatures are not only harmful to your home and mental wellbeing (damaging property and causing electrical fires), they carry nasty germs, parasites, and up to 35 types of diseases such as the plague, salmonella, hepatitis, typhus, and rat-bite fever.
To put it simply, you don’t want these guys hanging around for long and putting you and your family’s health at risk. When you work with us, our highly skilled professionals will visit your property to investigate and come up with the best possible solution to get rid of rodents, fast!
PERTH RODENT PESTS INCLUDE:
- Roof rats (black rat)
- Ground rats (Norway rat)
- House mouse (field mouse)
These dirty pests typically enter your home in cooler months to find shelter and food. You’d be surprised how they get in, fitting in a hole or gap as tiny as 6-12mm wide.
SIGNS YOU HAVE A RODENT PROBLEM
If you suspect you have a rodent problem. Here are the things you should be looking out for:
- Scratching and crawling noises in your walls or ceiling
- Squeaks and chirping sounds at night
- Damaged wires, doors, upholstery and cables
- Evidence of bites in food packaging
- Rats love plastic, dog food, and passion fruit in Perth so if this has been tampered with or eaten, they could be responsible!
- Rodent droppings around the home
- Strange behaviour from household pets
HOW TO ELIMINATE PERTH RODENTS
Unfortunately, a token mousetrap isn’t going to sort out your rodent problem long term. It’s best to seek the help of a professional Perth pest management specialist – like us – to assess where the rats and mice are nesting, traveling and feeding, and work out an appropriate treatment plan to fit your unique situation.
Pesti Pest Control’s team of technicians have the experience to quickly and effectively get rid of your rodent problem. We’ll first chat with you on the phone and ask you some questions, then arrange a time to come out and inspect your property. We’ll then place bait stations in carefully chosen locations to get the best results. Depending on the severity of your problem, maintenance may be needed every 3-6 months.
To prepare for your rodent treatment, and to minimise the risk of re-infestation, it’s best to try the following:
- Store all pantry items in plastic containers – especially grains and flours
- Keep pet food and water bowls clean when not in use
- Store all pet foods in containers with tight-fitting lids
- Block entry points to the homes
- Place outdoor trash in secured metal bins
- Ensuring gardens are tidy so there aren’t places for them to hide
Book your Rat and Mice Control Inspection today