Have you found yourself under attack by the small yet mighty termite? You’re not alone. Thousands of people every year seek quality termite treatment Perth. After all, a nasty termite infestation can not only devalue your home by more than 25 per cent, but also destroy the structural integrity of your property, putting you and your family at risk.
I found termites. Now what?
Whether you’ve spotted termites in garden or termite in your kitchen, these little bugs – which look a lot like ants with wings – are cause for concern. Here’s a pretty terrifying termite fact for you: a colony of termites consume around 2kg of wood each year. While that may not sound like much, if the wood is removed from the wrong place, it could seriously weaken the foundations of your property.
So, if you’ve found termites, the first step is not to panic and don’t worry about termite bites. Instead, follow these three tips:
- Do not touch or disturb termites with wings, and don’t break open any timber
- Do not spray them
- Contact your local, trusted professional as soon as possible for top quality pest control Western Australia that prevents damage from spreading
3 steps for effective termite treatment Perth
Termite protection and treatment is effective. You can expect excellent results by following the three-step process outlined here.
- Timber pest inspection. Contact a professional to inspect your property and determine the extent of the damage and suitable treatment options.
- Treatment. This might include a bait station, termite traps, a termite shield, and termite stations, among other removal strategies. Organic treatment services are also an option.
- Aftercare. Protect your property with a professional termite protection plan.
Popular treatment options
In-ground termite baiting
In-ground termite baiting is an effective form of both prevention and treatment. This method involves placing unobtrusive termite bait stations strategically around the perimeter of your home. Termite workers consume the bait and carry the toxic substance back to the nest to destroy other colony members.
In-ground treatments can also help protect your property against other pests year-round.
Above-ground termite baiting
Above-ground baiting is an alternative treatment. Unlike in-ground treatments, above-ground solutions are placed on top of the ground on or near termite activity inside and outside the property. For peace of mind, know that these baits are not toxic to pets or children.
Again, the bait is consumed by a worker termite and bought into the nest to eliminate the rest of the colony.
Start your termite treatment today
When it comes to effectively removing termites, the sooner you begin treatment, the better. Get in touch with our friendly team today and rid your property of these destructive pests.