Mosquitoes are among the most harmful pests there are as they pose health risks to both humans and animals. Because of this, humans have always sought to exterminate them. Wherever you are in Perth or beyond, the most effective way of getting rid of them is by using mosquito pest control experts in your Perth neighbourhood.
There are almost a hundred species of mosquitoes in Western Australia, with 30 species considered as major pests. The problem with them, of course, is that they bite, and some of them cause diseases to which there are no existing vaccines.
The most common types of mosquitoes in Western Australia are:
- Aedes camptorhynchus
- Aedes notoscriptus
- Aedes vigilax
- Anopheles annulipes s.l.
- Culex annulirostris
- Culex quinquefasciatus
These are all vicious biters, with some of them active during the colder months, while others proliferate during the hot season. They are carriers of pathogens responsible for several diseases. These include malaria, dengue, West Nile virus, chikungunya, yellow fever, and various forms of encephalitis, as well as dog heartworm.
Favourite breeding sites
Different types of mosquitoes also have varying habitat preferences, such as the following:
- Clean water in households and containers, including ponds, birdbaths, drip trays, pet water bowls, etc.
- Saltmarshes and brackish swamps
- Permanent and semi-permanent freshwater sources like man-made lakes, containers, etc.
- Clean or polluted water
- Street drains
- Water caught in detached tires
To prevent mosquitoes from making your home their own, you can do the following:
- Remove all stagnant water in containers, ponds and water features in your home or property.
- If you have a pond, be sure it has plenty of fish to feed on bugs including mosquitoes.
- Make sure your pool and or spa is regularly cleaned, and well-chlorinated.
- Install fly screens in all entryways, doors, windows, and the like.
- Practise mosquito deterrent methods such as using mosquito dunks, mosquito traps,and mosquito catchers.
- Avoid going outside at dusk and in the evening, as well as during the early morning when mosquitoes are most active.
- When outdoors, be sure to wear loose clothing with maximum coverage.
- Apply mosquito repellent lotion for personal protection.
Of course, seriously aggravating conditions such as mosquito infestation require the professional intervention of mosquito control in Perth. This is where we, Pesti Pest Control, can help.
We’re the best mosquito killers in Perth!
Our Pesti Pest Control technicians always conduct thorough household and property inspections to identify mosquito habitats.
Areas covered during inspection
We’ll practically go over your home with a fine-toothed comb, covering both the interior and exterior sections of the house. Pesti Pest Control treats the following areas:
- Interior: Includes the kitchen, basement, roof void, toilets, doors, windows, plumbing insertions – our technicians will dust every nook and cranny of your home that is accessible, and render all mosquito hideouts uninhabitable. These include sealing gaps, wall cracks, and the space underneath furniture.
- Exterior: All parts of your property that can serve as prospective mosquito habitats are subjected to a spraying perimeter treatment as a precaution against future re-infestation.
Depending on the severity of the infestation, our pest control technicians specialising in Perth may apply a type of surface spray designed to repel and control mosquitoes. This spray may be applied all over your household to ensure mosquitoes do not make a comeback, and repopulate inside your home.
If you have kids and or pets in your household, rest assured our pest control experts will take the necessary precautions to protect you and your family’s health in the process.
Pesti Pest Control to the rescue!
So, if you have an ongoing mosquito problem in your household or neighbourhood, be sure to call Pesti Pest Control. We’re the most reliable pest control services in Perth.
Soon, you’ll be glad to know all the mosquitoes are gone for good!